THX AAA™ Audio > TSTHX88 Amplifier IC
TSTHX88 Amplifier IC
Get email updates:
TSTHX88 THX AAA™ Amplifier Integrated Circuit
THX AAA™ Amplifier Technology
The THX AAA™ amplifier is THX’s first foray into the arena of component technologies. It reduces harmonic, intermodulation, and crossover distortions by 20-100x for an unbelievably realistic and fatigue-free listening experience, and reduces power consumption by a factor of 10 for incredibly long battery life. THX AAA™ accomplishes this using a patented topology to cancel conventional distortion mechanisms and reduce bias current. THX AAA™ improves audio fidelity, shrinks battery size and extends playtime. The flagship THXAAA-0 amplifier boasts nearly un-measurable distortion of -137 dB, high output power of 63 mW, and only 5 mW of quiescent power consumption.
Triad Semiconductor’s TSTHX88 is an ultra-low noise, low quiescent current stereo headphone amplifier optimized for audiophile-quality performance in portable consumer applications. The device incorporates the ultra-low distortion Achromatic Audio Amplifier from THX® Technology (THX AAA™) to virtually eliminate crossover distortion and deliver superior THD and SNR at all output levels. The ClassG architecture maximizes battery life by automatically varying the supply voltage of the headphone amplifier based on the audio signal level. The ground-centered, “Capless” output implementation eliminates the need for large external DC-blocking capacitors between the audio amplifiers and the headphone loads to save board area, reduce cost, and improve low frequency audio fidelity.
The headphone amplifier features fully differential inputs with integrated low pass filtering to reduce system noise. Built-in active suppression eliminates clicks and pops as the amplifier is powered up and down. The amplifier outputs have robust short-circuit, thermal overload, and ESD protection.
The TSTHX88 is available in a tiny 25-bump wafer level chip scale package (WLCSP, 2.4mm x 2.4mm, 0.4mm pitch). The device operates from a 2.5V to 5.5V supply input and is specified over the -40oC to +85oC extended temperature range.
- Ultra-Low Distortion THX AAA™ Amplifier
- Ultra-Low Output Voltage Noise
- Low Quiescent Current
- High Efficiency Buck Regulator with Automatic Class-G Amplifier Supply Voltage Control
- Ground Referenced “Capless” Outputs Eliminate External DC-Blocking Capacitors
- Fully Differential Analog Inputs for Reduced System Noise (can be operated as Single-Ended)
- Ground Sense Pin Eliminates Ground Loop Noise
- Shutdown and Level Detect Logic Control
- Click-and-Pop Suppression
- Robust Short-Circuit, Thermal Overload, and ESD Protection
- Wide AVDD Input Supply Voltage Operating Range: 2.5V to 5.5V
- Inductor-Less Class-AB Operating Mode for Higher Output Voltages
- Bluetooth Wireless Headsets
- Virtual Reality Headsets
- Cellular Phones, Smart Phones, Music Phones
- Digital Audio Headphones
- Noise Canceling Headphones
- MP3 and Portable Medial Players
- Tablets, Notebook PCs, Docking Stations