SteamVR Tracking > HDK
SteamVR Tracking HDK
The SteamVR HDK is a kit of components that can be used to quickly prototype and evaluate custom SteamVR Tracked objects. The HDK is a modular design that can evolve with your product development.
Each Kit Contains:
- One Watchman Core Module
- One EVM Application Board
- Four packs of 8 Chiclet Sensor Modules (32 sensors total)
- One Sensor Breakout Board
- One Steam Wireless Dongle
- Four packs of 8 4in Flex Cables (32 cables total)
- One 2.4 GHz Antenna with u.FL Cable
|Complete HDK Kit||$595.00||$579.00||$549.00||$499.00|
|Watchman Core Module||$145.55||$141.63||$134.29||$122.06|
|EVM Application Board||$171.22||$170.50||$161.67||$146.95|
|TS4231 Chiclet Sensor (pack of 8)||$55.60||$48.40||$45.68||$41.52|
|Sensor Breakout Board||$89.00||$86.00||$83.13||$74.65|
|4in Flex Cable (pack of 8)||$16.00||$14.00||$12.00||$10.00|
The Watchman Core module supplies all of the processing power for a SteamVR tracked object. These functions include:
- Lattice ICE40HX8K-CB132 FPGA
- Atmel ATSAMG55J19A-MU ARM Cortex M4 Processor
- Nordic nRF52832-QFAA 2.4GHz Radio SoC with Cortex M4 Processor
Additional features include:
- InvenSense MPU-6500 Accelerometer and Gyroscope
- Precise 48MHz MEMs Oscillator
- 600mA High Efficiency Power Management
The modular form factor has a 180 pin connector interface for connection to the EVM and sensor breakout board or a custom designed daughter board.
The Application EVM board is a “batteries* included” companion to the Core module. This board breaks out the 80 pin interface connection of the Core module into user accessible ports including:
- USB Device connection
- TTL Debug UART Connection
- ATSAMG55J19A SWD Debug Port
- nRF52832 Debug Port
- 34pin GPIO Expansion Connector
Additionally the EVM provides the following functionality:
- RGB LED Indicator
- Reset Circuitry
- Low Power Shutdown Controller
- Lithium Ion Battery Charger/Power management
- Advanced Lithium Ion Battery Gas Gauging
- 32MBIT Serial Flash
- 3.6V, 2A High Efficiency Power supply
NOTE: Due to global regulations for shipping Lithium-Ion batteries, we are unable to provide battery packs at this time.
The Chiclet Sensors are designed to be a small form factor TS4231 based optical sensor designed for placement anywhere inside a tracked object, even in very tight spaces. The schematic is identical to the TS4231-CM1 module but the overall PCB size is reduced to just 6mm by 10mm. The connection interface is a 4pin 0.5mm pitch flat flex connector for point to point signal routing back to the Sensor Breakout board.
The Sensor Breakout provides the simple but valuable function of Fanning out the 100 pin connection interface of the Watchman Core module to 32 individual 4 pin connectors that may interface to the Chiclet flat flex connectors.
This breakout board has 16 sensor connectors on the top side and an additional 16 sensor connectors on the bottom.
- Steam Dongle
- 4in Flat Flex Cables
- Parlex 050R4-102B
- 2.4GHz Antenna with u.FL Connector
- Inventek W24P-U