The SteamVR HDK is a kit of components that can be used to quickly prototype and evaluate custom SteamVR Tracked objects. The HDK is a modular design that can evolve with your product development.
The Shoto SteamVR Tracking HDK contains Triad’s TS4231 2nd Generation Light-to-Digital receivers and is backwards and forward compatible with Generation 1 and Generation 2 Lighthouse solutions.
Each Kit Contains:
- One Watchman Complete Core Module
- Two 13 Sensor Flexes
- One Steam Wireless Dongle
- One 2.4 GHz Antenna with u.FL Cable
Please see our Shoto HDK Getting Started docs.
Shoto Watchman Complete Core Module
The new Shoto Watchman Complete Core Module shrinks the original three board SteamVR Tracking HDK into a single board. The Shoto HDK dimensions are: 14.5mm wide by 43mm long by 8.07mm high. The functions on the Shoto Watchman Complete Core Module include:
- Lattice ICE40HX8K-CB132 FPGA
- Atmel ATSAMG55J19A-MU ARM Cortex M4 Processor
- Nordic nRF52832-QFAA 2.4GHz Radio SoC with Cortex M4 Processor
Additional features include:
- InvenSense MPU-6500 Accelerometer and Gyroscope
- Precise 48MHz MEMs Oscillator
- 600mA High Efficiency Power Management
- Reset Circuitry
- Low Power Shutdown Controller
- Lithium Ion Battery Charger/Power management
- Advanced Lithium Ion Battery Gas Gauging
Shoto 13-Sensor Flex
The Shoto Watchman Complete Core Module has two high density connectors that allow for attaching two 13-sensor flexible printed circuits (FPCs). Each 13-Sensor Flex contains 13 distributed Light-to-Digital receivers. Each Shoto HDK comes with two 13-sensor flexes supporting a total of 26 sensor locations.
Each sensor location contains:
- Triad TS4231 2nd generation Light-to-Digital Converter IC
- Bias Resistor
- Decoupling Capacitors