This consumer market custom IC was used for remote monitoring and control of precision sensors and actuators in an Internet of Things (IoT) application. The application had very high production volumes. The design was realized as a full-custom mixed signal ASIC.
Why the Customer Chose Triad as their IC Design and Production Partner
- High-volume opportunity, Tight schedule, Steep production ramp.
- The customer solicited proposals from all the major custom IC manufacturers.
- The customer had a strong desire for a partner that combined excellent design skills
- Also, high-volume production expertise was a key selection criteria.
Consumer Agile ASIC™ Solution – Internet of Things Sensor Interface
Consumer Agile ASIC™ – Internet of Things Sensor Interface Die Plot
- Temperature Sensor, Humidity Sensor
- Ambient Light Sensor
- RGB Light Sensor
- High-Speed External MOSFET Gate Driver
- Heater Control Circuit
IP Blocks Utilized
- Analog Multiplexer
- Transimpedence Amplifier (TIA)
- Switched Capacitor Integrator
- 16-bit Sigma-Delta Analog to Digital Converter (ADC)
- SPI Slave Interface
- Bandgap, Precision Reference Network
- Heater Driver
- MOSFET Gate Driver