The Sales Development Representative is an entry level position and will generate buying demand for the Triad’s products from organizations throughout North America. This position is based in Winston-Salem, NC and will require daily attendance at our Winston-Salem offices.
Triad Semiconductor helps companies integrate their electronic circuits into cost effective custom integrated circuits or custom ICs. Custom ICs are referred to by a variety of terms including: “computer chips”, ASIC or simply ‘chips.’ Your job, if you think you are up to it, is to help find prospects at companies in need of electronic integration, talk with these customers about their needs, determine if they are a fit for a Triad solution and setup meetings with other members of Triad’s sales team.
A typical workday is comprised of identifying 50-60 prospects, emailing them about Triad’s capabilities, making 10-20 calls to companies who have the problems we solve and encouraging them to meet with our consultants to discuss their mixed signal electronics integration needs. Don’t worry, we have some really cool software tools to help you with finding prospects, managing emails and automating the entire process. You must be comfortable learning about electronics and talking with engineers but you do not need an electrical engineering degree to succeed in this position.
The Sales Development Representative is responsible for driving market share and qualifying leads that build pipeline for the Triad’s sales organization. The Sales Development Representative will also be responsible for running regional campaigns focused primarily on cold calling, developing and qualifying leads to the point of handoff to the sales force. A key requirement is to conduct business dealings with prospects/customers in a way that creates a superior prospect/customer experience that will set the stage for future product sales for Triad.
- Create a list of 50-60 prospects to email per day
- Send out semi-customized emails to the prospect list
- Make 10-20 calls per day leaving voicemails and/or talking with prospect to setup a call
- Hold scoping calls with the customer to determine if they are a fit for Triad’s products and services
- Schedule a hand-off call to transfer the opportunity to the rest of Triad’s sales force
- Prospect into multiple organizations via cold-calling, networking, e-mail/e-marketing, and utilizing Internet information sources
- Articulate the Company’s value proposition to decision-makers across multiple industries to assess buying interest. Promote Triad’s electronic integration solutions with various management levels and professionals across technical and business disciplines
- Achieve or exceed goal for first meetings and qualified opportunities on a monthly basis
- Qualify all sales leads based upon specific lead qualification criteria definitions
- Provide baseline research within targeted accounts to identify key contacts and critical account information prior to prospecting call
- Develop superior customer service relationship with prospects
- Learn and demonstrate a fundamental understanding of the Triad’s technology – and clearly articulate capabilities and advantages to prospective customers
- Contribute to every component of the critical functions associated with fulfilling the sales cycle (forecasting, reporting, customer database maintenance and data entry, correspondence, and communications)
- Provide weekly activity report to management
- Proactively continue company product and competitive product and market knowledge via website, on-line webinars, and marketing information
- Social Media Monitoring: Engaging with social media platforms, creating alerts on keywords, researching topics and sharing information with individuals responsible for producing the content and responses
- Update lead rank/stage and prospect interaction in SFDC throughout
Bachelor’s degree or higher in a relevant field
- 2+ years business experience
- Ability to understand and successfully promote technical offerings and solution sets
- Excellent communication skills in writing, speaking, listening and cold-calling
- Ability to converse with and influence engineers, managers and senior executives
- Knowledge of marketing techniques and databases used in marketing a plus
- Experience with Salesforce.com is a plus
- Able to work independently in an entrepreneurial, start-up environment
- Solid understanding of social media tools and vehicles including LinkedIn, Twitter, Blogs and monitoring tools.